No matter how long you have been doing something, you can always get better. Take advantage of the summer break to master your tutoring skills!
Our Summer School for Mom series is a great place to start. We have packed this series full of ideas, resources, and food for thought.
First, we need to understand the need to master our tutoring skills. Here are 8 reasons to educate yourself: Making the Case for Educating Ourselves.
The next obvious question is, “How?” Here are our 5 very robust ideas in answer to that question: Educating Ourselves: Where to Start?
If you are not new to educating your children at home, then you are likely ready to take another look at the way you are doing things. It’s time to go back to the beginning and dig a little deeper. Somehow things are simply clearer once we have had an opportunity to be immersed in them. By going through a second time, more ideas resonate. Our initial thoughts are expanded.
Our Summer School for Mom series provides loads of ideas and resources to help you grow as a tutor:
- Taking a look at the foundation you are laying.
- Understanding how to create a learning atmosphere.
- Pulling the best ideas from the various methods.
- Deciding where to focus by setting goals.
- Choosing materials based on those goals.
- Planning a workable and inspiring schedule.
- Deciding how to correctly evaluate progress.
Lots of food for thought and a great resource for the homeschooled mom!