Great resource from the BBC — free audio of 40 of Aesop’s fables with downloadable read-along transcript and teacher activity guide!
- The Hare and the Tortoise.
- The North Wind and the Sun.
- The Fox and the Grapes.
- The Ant and the Grasshopper.
- The Lion and the Mouse.
- The Goose that Laid the Golden Eggs.
- Androcles and the Lion.
- The Dog and His Reflection.
- Town Mouse and Country Mouse.
- The Boy Who Cried Wolf.
- Many, many more!
You can play the audio and download the accompanying transcript for each story by clicking on the appropriate link.
A free 42-page “Programme Notes” download is also available that contains:
- Introduction about Aesop.
- Features of a fable.
- Tips for writing your own fable.
- Assessment ideas.
- Activity suggestions.
- Background for each story including with synopsis, moral, sequence of events, themes, and discussion questions.
The notes also go well with any print version of Aesop.
Excellent resource for the Homeschool Handy-Mom. And free!
The Fox and the Grapes: A Mini Unit Study
An example of how you can use Aesop’s fables to create your own language lessons and mini units.
Free Nature Studies: Ant Workers Part 2
Featuring the “Ants and the Grasshopper!”
The Baby’s Own Aesop by Walter Crane
Another version in the public domain.